Thursday, December 06, 2007

National Lampoon's (California) Vacation: Part I

So, a few weeks ago now, as I alluded to in a previous post Megan and I ventured west to California to attend the wedding of our friends Tim and Shanna. Since we were already spending the money to fly out there, we decided to make a short vacation out of it. Here are some pics from our vacation as well as some stories, descriptions, and snarky comments. Enjoy!

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9
After a long day of travel, spent in planes and a rental car, we arrived at our hotel in Laguna Beach (The REAL OC). We met up with everybody that was already there and made our way to a local eatery and hung out with everyone over drinks and food. Since very few of us in attendance live in Omaha anymore, it was a nice chance to catch up with the old crew. However, exhaustion due to our long day of travel caused Megan and I to call it an early night, so we didn't get a chance to take any pictures. Instead, here's a picture of our hotel, the Vacation Village to make y'all jealous...

Before you get too jealous, I should point out that it was pretty cool in Laguna Beach when we were there with highs in the 60's. Also, our room was not one with an ocean view, but rather a highway view. So instead of the soothing sounds of the ocean carrying us off to dreamland, we got the not-so-soothing sounds of near constant traffic.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10
The day of the wedding. Most of the day prior to the big event was spent chill-axin'. We ate some great local fare, having breakfast as a french-style restaurant C'est La Vie and lunch at Taco Loco, walked along the beach, and Megan even got a massage. It was a great dray spent getting some much appreciated down-time.

The wedding itself was beautiful, touching, and even pretty hilarious at times. The ceremony was held intimate open-air space that really made . I wish I got more pictures of the bride and groom, but I never want to be that guy, you know? Anyhow, the reception was also quite the affair, with dinner, dancing, and drinks, in an open-air tent. And the drinks? Complimentary champagne and beer. But not just any beer. Complimentary Stella. That, my friends, is my idea of a reception.


Here's a shot of Ben, Max, Zach, myself, Tim, and Tristan hamming it up old-school for the camera. I tell ya, you can take the boys outta North High, but you can't take North High outta the boys.

Tristan and his daughter Finley. Finley and I share the same birthday, which is cool, but it freaks me out when I think how she's exactly 30 years younger than me.


Ben and me enjoying free drinks and looking damn good doing it.


Megan and Katie on the dancefloor, showing those California girls how its done.



Nate rocking the mic to N2Deep's Back to the Hotel. Nate would only do it if we threw down some scrilla, but it was definitely worth the money. No joke, it was flat-out awesome.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11
Megan and I said our goodbyes and made our way to LA, and hit the Getty Museum. The museum and grounds are works of art in and of themselves, with a great view of LA and some pretty tasty food as well. So, even if you're not into to art, it's worth checking it out if you're ever in LA. Other than that, we didn't do much in LA on Saturday, other than walk down Hollywood Boulevard (a little too late at night for my comfort level) and have a delicious meal at Prizzi's Piazza. Megan and I highly recommend eating there, if only for the Pane all'Aglio aka Prizzi's famous garlic stix aka heaven. Anyhow, here are some shots of the Getty Center. Note my un-official Husker's "got defense?" shirt. Nebraska represent!




So, that's it for now. I'll be back next time with more pics and stories from our trip.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you get your wife to email the rest of the pictures? We didn't bring a camera!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Michael Thomsen said...

California looks nice and warm. I can't wait until spring hits in the Big O already. Congrats Tristan on the daughter she is very cute. Ben looks as if you are doing well give my best to your brother. Last I talked to him he was headed to China. Hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lake

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home